The Griffin Parent Association's mission is to promote the welfare of students by developing a closer relationship between the home and the school. This enables parents, teachers, and administration to have a collaborative approach to the student school experience. Our commitment is inspired by our children's opportunity to grow in a family environment and create lifelong relationships with parents, friends, school staff, and other members of our community.
The LMP community is composed of many different beliefs and traditions, celebrating commonalities in our experiences. We value Unity, embrace Family, act with Integrity, and Trust in teamwork. At LMP "U-FIT".
GPA holds a meeting 2-3 times per year for the LMP Parents to interact with the LMP Staff and Leadership. Please contact one of our board members listed below to inquire about the next meeting.
Recurring GPA-Sponsored Events for the Lake Mary Prep Community
Boohoo Breakfast (Back to School Week - August)
Welcome Back Wine & Cheese (September/October)
Holiday Brunch for Staff (December)
Teacher Appreciation Week (May)
GPA also recruits volunteers for some school-sponsored events.
- Acting Co-Presidents: Patricia Daoust and Anne Bailey Holt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Melissa Lue email@example.com
- Acting Secretary: Theresa Moore firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acting LS Liaison: Rebecca Posnanski email@example.com
- Acting MS Liaison: Jill Montaldo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acting US Liaison: Priya Thakkar email@example.com
- Acting Communications Coordinator: Nicole Harasym firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acting LS Events Coordinator: Andrea St. Onge email@example.com
- LS Teacher Appreciation Week Chair: Crystal Marmo firstname.lastname@example.org
- US Teacher Appreciation Week Chair: Anne Bailey Holt email@example.com
- LS New Parent Committee Chair: Andrea St. Onge firstname.lastname@example.org
- US New Parent Committee Chair: Patricia Daoust email@example.com
GPA Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is the GPA part of the school?
A: The GPA is part of the LMP Community, it is a separate 501c3 non-profit business entity, however. It works on independent events, fundraising, and coordinates volunteers for school-sponsored events.
Q: Do I need to 'sign-up' for GPA?
A: No. If you're a member of the LMP Community, you're already a part of the GPA! The GPA is not a club or members-only organization. We welcome alumni, immediate family members of current Lake Mary Prep students, and parents of alumni. Grandparents, guardians, friends, and mentors of our students are also welcome to participate in our events and contribute to the LMP Community.
Q: Is GPA participation mandatory?
A: Participation, including board membership or room parent volunteering, is voluntary and not mandatory.
Q: How do I get involved in GPA?
A: There are several ways to participate. You can contact the respective liaison about any area you are interested in, contribute as a room parent, or fill out your volunteer form for activities run by the school (school volunteers are sourced by the GPA).